USB wizard

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ravo
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 5 comments on blog 5 solutions authored

Hello,

I have problem when migrating design with USBFS component, e.g. from CY7C64215 to CY7C6315. I have simple USB HID device

When insert USBFS component you need to run USB wizard and manually setup all settings.

I know that I can only import in USB Wizard "Import HID Report Template"

So I am asking if it is possible to copy USBFS component settings & descriptors from "another project". Is there some possibilities to do this in another way ?

Thanks in advance

Radim

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Radim,

There is no facility to directly import settings of the USBFS User Module from one project to another.

Best regards,

Sampath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11

Hello Radim,

There is no facility to directly import settings of the USBFS User Module from one project to another.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes

Dear Sampath

Thanks for response. So I really have each time manually configure the USB descriptors using USB Wizard? There is no option to copy INC files or copy appropriate part from XML settings file ? It look-like that USB wizard settings store values in project PSocConfig.xml. It will spend less time to migrate USB settings. This would be considerably more convenient and would shorten the time needed to edit the USB settings. I already tried to copy string section:

“Descriptor Dispatch Tables” section from <PARAMETER NAME="DSHID_hfDescriptors" VALUE="AREA  lit     (ROM,REL,CON)

founded under XML node <USER_MODULE NAME="USBFS" INSTANCE_NAME="USBFS" VERSION="2.10">

But PSOC designer seems to reset settings for USBFS user module to default values. Maybe I'm doing something wrong I will try later once more…

Regards

Radim

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello Radim,

Unfortunately you will have to manually configure the USB descriptors in a new project.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes