AN86974 iso transfer firmware can not run at my FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaXi_1246331
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I download the firmware USBIsoSourceSink using control center. Before downloading the control center find Cypress FX3 USB BootLoader Device. After downloading, it find none of device. The GUI shows empty space. I think It suggest error occurs while firmware running. Is there any informtion on solving the problem. I have try many different firmwares on this board. It is the first firmware presenting the problem. I think my borad is ok.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please share the IMG file that you have buiit.

EDIT:

- Using the default UsbIsoSourceSink firmware that comes with the FX3 SDK does not cause any issues in enumeration.

- In case of finding issues at your end, please use a protocol analyzer such as Teledyne LeCroy or software analyzers such as USBLyzer to understand the point of issue.

- Also, if you could add UART functionality with your setup, the logs can be obtained to identify the point of issue in the firmware.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello, 

- I understand that you are using the USBIsoSourceSink firmware from the FX3 SDK. Please correct me if I am wrong.

- Have you made any changes to the existing FX3 firmware source?

- After loading the firmware, please check if there is any 'Unknown Device' in the device manager.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

I do not modify the code. rebuilding it can not solved problem. I do not see "unknown device", bur rather empty space.

Thank you

0 Likes

Hello,

- Please share the UART log or the USB trace captured during the failure.

- Also, test the same on the SuperSpeed Explorer Kit and let us know if the failure exists.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

I do not use uart interface and thus have no log.I also do not have SuperSpeed Explorer Kit.

I do not understand what is USB trace.

Sorry, this question can be left unsolved.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please share the IMG file that you have buiit.

EDIT:

- Using the default UsbIsoSourceSink firmware that comes with the FX3 SDK does not cause any issues in enumeration.

- In case of finding issues at your end, please use a protocol analyzer such as Teledyne LeCroy or software analyzers such as USBLyzer to understand the point of issue.

- Also, if you could add UART functionality with your setup, the logs can be obtained to identify the point of issue in the firmware.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes