FX3 SDK macOS -- eclipse fails to launch

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
grov_3935901
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

I've installed the FX3 SDK on MacOS Mojave version 10.14.2 using the procedure in "Using the FX3 SDK under MacOS".

When I click on the ezUsbSuite icon in the user/Cypress/eclipse folder:

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 4.29.49 PM.png

eclipse fails to launch, providing this error:

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 4.33.49 PM.png

However, if I use a terminal window and cd to user/Cypress/eclipse/ezUsbSuite.app/Contents/MacOS

and then launch it from the command line:

./ezUsbSuite

it opens correctly:

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 4.38.01 PM.png

How can I get eclipse to launch using the icon?

1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Please let us know if you have copied the ezUsbSuite application from user/Cypress/eclipse/ezUsbSuite.app/Contents/MacOS to user/Cypress/eclipse.

- The ezUsbSuite application by default is present only in the /eclipse/ezUsbSuite.app/Contents/MacOS and has got relative path dependencies. Hence, it is essential to run the application from that directory.

- Please let us know what happens when you run the application using the icon present in the /eclipse/ezUsbSuite.app/Contents/MacOS directory.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Please let us know if you have copied the ezUsbSuite application from user/Cypress/eclipse/ezUsbSuite.app/Contents/MacOS to user/Cypress/eclipse.

- The ezUsbSuite application by default is present only in the /eclipse/ezUsbSuite.app/Contents/MacOS and has got relative path dependencies. Hence, it is essential to run the application from that directory.

- Please let us know what happens when you run the application using the icon present in the /eclipse/ezUsbSuite.app/Contents/MacOS directory.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

I have not moved or copied the ezUsbSuite application. It is in the original location after following the steps in "Using the FX3 SDK under MacOS".

To launch the ap as you suggest, I need to right click on the ezUsbSuite icon (under Cypress/eclipse):

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 6.10.50 PM.png

select Show Package Contents:

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 6.11.49 PM.png

and then click on the little black rectangle icon:

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 6.12.01 PM.png

So yes, that does work, but is a bit klugey and not how I would expect to launch an ap under MacOS.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let know which FX3 SDK version you are using. The latest version is FX3 SDK 1.3.4. In case you are using an older version, please install the latest version from the below link.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

How do I find the SDK version? The usual "about" gives no information:

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 6.59.49 PM.png

0 Likes

Hi Gregory

You have two ways to know the version.

1. Print the PATH value in terminal.

echo $PATH

2. check the folder's name where you install the SDK.

0 Likes