CCG3 SDK CYACD files

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I used CCG3 SDK CYPD3120 code(bootable code) and build locally with small modification. After flashing I tried to read device configuration from EZ-PD configuration tool but, I am not able to Read from device, device is not getting enumerated. Not undertsanding the reason behind this behaviour.

I am using ref code and if i build with any modification i can see device enumration and device configuration is read back.

Any suggestion or document to point the proper way to build cyacd files.

Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi ,

You are correct. If you disable  CCG_BB_ENABLE -- Billboard support the usb bootloader will fail. If you have chance to take a look similar thread: USB Bootloader for CCG3 . You will found that:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/* Enable Billboard support */

#define CCG_BB_ENABLE                               (1u)

/* Enabling flashing of the device via USB interface. */

#define FLASHING_MODE_USB_ENABLE                    (1u)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above define is related with USB billboard and firmware upgrade.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

May I know what modification you have done and what tools you use to program CCG3?

Regrads,

Eddie

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Added I2C Master component to schematic and a small wrapper routines(.c file) to access that device over i2c(X bar switch).

Any suggestion how i can identfiy the issue. Is problem related to build?. As i see in EZ_PD tool after reset system stop responding like below.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

For programming i used Miniprog. First i flashed "CYPD3120-40LQXI_usb_boot_3_0_2_900_0_0_0_aa.hex"

from psoc programmer and later cyacd file generated from psoc creator. I used EZ-PD Configuration tool to update firmware.

Do you need any other inform,let me know.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

With CYPD3125 i has below message.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

With CYPD3120, I observed that,config.h has below option , Its a must for success firmware update from USB-Mini. If i disable FW update will fail. Whats your feedback on this?

But with CYPD3125 we are not having any such compilation option? any suggestion/clue..pl update.

Thank you,

0 Likes

Hi ,

You are correct. If you disable  CCG_BB_ENABLE -- Billboard support the usb bootloader will fail. If you have chance to take a look similar thread: USB Bootloader for CCG3 . You will found that:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/* Enabling flashing of the device via USB interface. */

#define FLASHING_MODE_USB_ENABLE                    (1u)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above define is related with USB billboard and firmware upgrade.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What about with CYPD3125, Is HPI related macro to be taken care? or other macro,CY schematic component is mandatory like I2C_CFG,HPI_IF... pl update.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

CYPD3125 uses i2c bootloader. so having BB macro is not must right and also config.h is not having this by default if i introduce and try adding bb_internal.c file and end up with other linking error for USB files so i need to add?, is HPI is a must?

Note:

With reference CYPD3125 project from SDK  i can upgrade firmware.

Still i am trying on firmware upgrade no success on CYPD3125. Not getting exact reason/dependence.

Thank you,

0 Likes

Hi Arun,

The bootloader only support one type. You shall select usb bootloader or I2C bootloader. If you select usb bootloader, you cannot select I2C bootloader in your project at same time. But you can keep usb bootloader, but also add HPI functions in your project.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lisa,

With CYPD3125, i manage to upgrade the firmware by retaining HPI component. Uses "CYPD3125-40LQXI_i2c_boot_1_0_3_461_0_0_0_nb.hex" boot code. I am facing specific issue with this.

GPIO which i used as input from ext is mapped to pin38, i am observing status is not change on this.  Not getting the reason . Is this pin dedicated to any specific PSOC funcationality?.

When i use noboot code with above pin mapping its behaving properly. but with bootcode its failing. Need your feedback on this obervation about PIN mapping.

Thank you,

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lisa,

Want to provide one more observation.

With bootable code, i disabled all HPI,EXC_INT,I2C_CFG related component  and edit config.h to disable the HPI feature. Hex file generated with this configuration code is working well.  So i had doubt on pin 38 usage particularly with HPI component. Waiting for your reply.

Thank you,

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lisa,

Found below compilation option. If i disable this, I can see firmware upgrade and features works well. But i do not know the root cause, why disabling make things working. Can you please explain to us?

Thank you,

/* Enable PD policy registers in HPI. */

#define CCG_HPI_PD_ENABLE                           (1u)

0 Likes

Hi Arun,

1. Pin#38 in CYPD3125 notebook firmware is not used by default. If you enabled VCONN OCP in your firmware, this pin will use it as input and wire to internal ADC.

2. Have you been disabled below define in your project?

/* Enable HPI support. */

#define CCG_HPI_ENABLE                              (1u)

If you have already dsiabled HPI, the CCG_HPI_PD_ENABLE shall be disabled.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Lisa,

I am having below configuration setting.

/* VConn OCP enable setting. */

#define VCONN_OCP_ENABLE                            (0u)

/* Enable PD policy registers in HPI. */

#define CCG_HPI_PD_ENABLE                           (0u)

Thank you,

0 Likes