Can cy8ckit-042-ble pioneer baseboard used to program custom board having controller from psoc 4100 s plus family?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mata_3748076
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to program a custom board having cy8c4147aza with cy8ckit 042 ble pioneer board; but in the psoc creator it shows device was recognized but  PSOC creator does not support at this time(see attachment). I have already updated the psoc creator with update 3.

0 Likes
4 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Malay,

Update-3 is which PSoC Creator? Could you show us its exact version number?

I used kitprog to program PSoC4000S without any problems, not sure PSoC4100S plus. I will try at my side.

Have you removed other connections on your kit?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

PSoC Creator 4.2 update 3

I removed the cy8ckit 142 stamp board from the pioneer kit &psoc--.PNG used the SWD_IO, SWD_CLK, RESET, VDD, GND header from the pioneer kit to connect respective headers on my custom board.

0 Likes

How about this project? Does work or not? I have programmed the external device with using the bridge on the kit. Could you double-check hardware switches on the board, or you can try other debug/programming tools?

0 Likes
user_2726841
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

I had the same problem until I've read the release notes from the PSoC 4100S Plus Kit.
You have to use at least the KitProg 2! The programmer on the CY8CKit-042 uses the KitProg 1.

I don't know if the PSoC MiniProg 3 can also flash the new device family.

0 Likes