Could you share the HDK of SB-BLE-S02 PEVB with me?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, shawn antol

Could you share the HDK of SB-BLE-S02 PEVB with me?

My current project will use BCM20736S and firstly we need further verify with one certain EVB.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

You should use a TAG3 evaluation board for your software development purposes because it has LEDs, headers, and buttons, plus the ability to recover (reprogram) if the EEPROM gets corrupted during your efforts.  The TAG3 board uses the stand-alone (discrete) System On a Chip (aka SOC) 20737 device.

If you insist on using a board that uses the 20737 "module" (aka SIP) package, you might want to consider using the WICED-Sense evaluation board.   It's less expensive, but not an ideal development platform because it was not designed for that purpose.

I don't know if anybody is using the SB-BLE-S02 PEVB, as that is very antiquated.  Plus this board is populated with the 32K EEPROM device.    Everybody has jumped up to the 64K EEPROM (which is what's on the 20737S module).   Note:   There is a SB-BLE-S03 PEVB that does have the 64kbyte EEPROM, but again... both of these evaluation boards (SB-BLE) are not ideal development boards because they are very-very limited with headers, buttons, LEDs, etc.      Use the TAG3 eval boars!  🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

You may purchase a tag3 board from one of our partners e.g. Avnet (China)

0 Likes
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

You should use a TAG3 evaluation board for your software development purposes because it has LEDs, headers, and buttons, plus the ability to recover (reprogram) if the EEPROM gets corrupted during your efforts.  The TAG3 board uses the stand-alone (discrete) System On a Chip (aka SOC) 20737 device.

If you insist on using a board that uses the 20737 "module" (aka SIP) package, you might want to consider using the WICED-Sense evaluation board.   It's less expensive, but not an ideal development platform because it was not designed for that purpose.

I don't know if anybody is using the SB-BLE-S02 PEVB, as that is very antiquated.  Plus this board is populated with the 32K EEPROM device.    Everybody has jumped up to the 64K EEPROM (which is what's on the 20737S module).   Note:   There is a SB-BLE-S03 PEVB that does have the 64kbyte EEPROM, but again... both of these evaluation boards (SB-BLE) are not ideal development boards because they are very-very limited with headers, buttons, LEDs, etc.      Use the TAG3 eval boars!  🙂

0 Likes