debugger will not launch

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaFi_2915566
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Using CYW943907AEVAL1F with Wiced Studio 6.2.1.2.

I am following the instructions in "CYW943907AEVAL1F Evaluation Kit User Guide, Doc. No. 002-18703 Rev. **"

• when I start debug with "43xxx-Wi-Fi_Debug_Windows." as the UG says, I get the following errors

!ENTRY org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb 4 5012 2018-12-20 18:40:30.207

!MESSAGE Error with command: C:\tempwork\WICED-Studio-6.2\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\ARM_GNU\Win32\bin\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe --version

!STACK 0

java.io.IOException: W

at org.eclipse.cdt.utils.spawner.SpawnerInputStream.read0(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.cdt.utils.spawner.SpawnerInputStream.read(SpawnerInputStream.java:66)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)

at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)

at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)

at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)

at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.LaunchUtils.readStream(LaunchUtils.java:380)

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.LaunchUtils.getGDBVersion(LaunchUtils.java:329)

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.getGDBVersion(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:312)

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launchDebugSession(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:154)

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launchDebugger(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:109)

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launch(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:97)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:885)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:739)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1039)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1256)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

• When I look at debug configurations, "43xxx-Wi-Fi_Debug_Windows." is listed as "GDB Hardware Debugging".  When I look at installation details I see "L-Link Debugging" and "OpenOCD debugging", but no GDB (HW) Debugging?  Is this expected?
  • "WICED-Studio-6.2\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\ARM_GNU\Win32\bin\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe" does exist, I checked

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Are you setting up the debugger as mentioned in Re: wiced Debug​ and still you are seeing these errors?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Are you setting up the debugger as mentioned in Re: wiced Debug​ and still you are seeing these errors?

that solved my launching debugger (I was following a blog that looked almost the same as the document but I think was for an older version of the IDE).

Now I can debug and run but cannot hit breakpoints.  The IDE accepts breakpoints but never hits them (I know it is executing the lines because I am getting the outcome). 

0 Likes