CE216795 PSoC 6 MCU Dual-CPU Basics Documentation issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I have downloaded and installed ModusToolBox, and would like to try it out.

I purchased the Cy8CPROTO-063-BLE and want to download  the CE216795 project to it.  I have downloaded the project.

I believe it will need to be modified, because I read somewhere pin numbers are different from PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit (and possibly cpu).

I got down to Page 1, Operation in the pdf file.  It  indicated I should see KBA225201.  I clicked on the link. On the Web Page, I get an error message:

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

I do not know email for the uploader of the project (which I won't spell out, but is J.T.) so I am contacting you here.

I am logged into the Cypress system.  I am registered as an early adopter.   I brushed my teeth this morning. <grin>

Questions:

1)  How would I create custom components with ModusToolbox?

(i.e. use UDB to create AND-OR-XOR combinatorial logic)   Please point me to some literature.

2) I have been able to narrow down the CY8CPROTO  PSOC 63 to either CY8C6347BZI-BLD33 (without crypto) or  CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 with crypto.  Unfortunately, the specs on

the CYBLE-416045-02 module DO NOT specify the PSOC 63 being used by part number.  The documentation on the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE  does not specify the PSOC63 being used in the descriptive text, or the BLE module.  I zoomed into a module photo  and cross referenced the package and the BLE PSOC to come up with this possibility.   I will now proceed to the next step.

**Update** I found the target MCU as CYBLE-416045-02 in the Choose Target MCU portion of the IDE application creation.  Please specify this in your documentation in future revisions.

3)  Do you need help translating C# to Qt?  (For, e.g., your schematic designer). I work cheap.

Message was edited by: Wade Maxfield

0 Likes
1 Solution

We accidentally left this on the Modus Early Access site.  It’s fixed now: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-15968

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
JamesT_21
10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Hey! Sorry for the issue with the KBA being behind a login. I've started the process of getting that fixed. It should be public, that was an oversight.

The particular example you chose does not officially support the Proto kit you have. So, yes, you probably need to tweak it for a different pin set. I'll ping the actual author of that example.

And, as for the actual target device... " I found the target MCU as CYBLE-416045-02..." I saw it on the kit itself (magnifying glasses are good things). BUT, I agree that kit web pages an dkit documentation should identify the actual device: DUH!

0 Likes

We accidentally left this on the Modus Early Access site.  It’s fixed now: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-15968

0 Likes