CY8CPROTO-062-4343W and PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
alma_284856
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hello,

I just bought a CY8CPROTO-062-4343W, and I am a little disappointing, I am used to PSoC since PSoC 3 and I am familiar with PSoC creator IDE. What a surprise when I plugged the kitprog 3 trying to programm the PSoC 6 with no succes.

My goal was to test quickly the new features of the PSoC6, but after a bit of reading, I saw that only ModusToolbos supports CY8CPROTO-062-4343W .

How annoying it could be to learn a new IDE when you are used to PSoC Creator!

I don't understand how you can sell this kit advertising "Quickly and easily design" but it's anything but fast to learn ModusToolbox...

Do you have any idea when the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W will be supported by PSoC Creator?

Thank you very much

1 Solution
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

Short answer to your question - There is no plan currently to support "CY8CPROTO-062-4343W" kit in PSoC Creator as the kit support requires a combined PSoC and WICED device support, which currently is offered by ModusToolbox alone.

Now for the long answer -

I understand how you feel about learning a new IDE for PSoC when you are used (and may be in fact mastered ) to PSoC Creator. Being an advanced/old PSoC Creator user myself, I have been on the same boat when getting started with Modus

But trust me, ModusToolbox may be intimidating at first and look like it is an uphill task to get started with - once you get a hang of it, you might as well start liking it over PSoC Creator for certain things it is capable of (more than PSoC Creator). For starters, it is a first step towards a real "Integrated development environment" offered by Cypress for IoT development (combining WICED and PSoC devices) and a truly multi-platform IDE that works across OSes.

Having said these, to help and ease your learning curve with Modus, we do have some good getting started videos, user guides, examples and if all else does not help, we have a dedicated Modus community to help you out

And of course, we will be constantly improving the Modus experience and since you are using PSoC Creator from PSoC 3 days, you can very well correlate how PSoC Creator evolved from 1.0 to the 4.2 it is today And this is just Modus 1.0 with a much more experienced team backing it

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

Short answer to your question - There is no plan currently to support "CY8CPROTO-062-4343W" kit in PSoC Creator as the kit support requires a combined PSoC and WICED device support, which currently is offered by ModusToolbox alone.

Now for the long answer -

I understand how you feel about learning a new IDE for PSoC when you are used (and may be in fact mastered ) to PSoC Creator. Being an advanced/old PSoC Creator user myself, I have been on the same boat when getting started with Modus

But trust me, ModusToolbox may be intimidating at first and look like it is an uphill task to get started with - once you get a hang of it, you might as well start liking it over PSoC Creator for certain things it is capable of (more than PSoC Creator). For starters, it is a first step towards a real "Integrated development environment" offered by Cypress for IoT development (combining WICED and PSoC devices) and a truly multi-platform IDE that works across OSes.

Having said these, to help and ease your learning curve with Modus, we do have some good getting started videos, user guides, examples and if all else does not help, we have a dedicated Modus community to help you out

And of course, we will be constantly improving the Modus experience and since you are using PSoC Creator from PSoC 3 days, you can very well correlate how PSoC Creator evolved from 1.0 to the 4.2 it is today And this is just Modus 1.0 with a much more experienced team backing it

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes

Hi Meenakshi,

i am in the same shoes and i am trying to port my ongoing project to ModusToolBox because i want to use the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W which i just bought a few days ago.

But supprisingly i realized ModusToolBox does not offer components like Clock, Tff  and all UDB configurable components.

Am i missing something or they are just not supported in this ModustoolBox version?

If they are not supported, is it plan to be supported or is there another way of doing such things on Modustoolbox?

BR

Derick