Regarding with capsense Touch Board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
niDa_3035361
Level 1
Level 1

hello sir,

i am working with capsense CY3820-MBR3 board , here i am using the arduino board with capsense board, i have the run the capsense board with my arduino board. i have configure the capsense board through my arduino board. and it is working.

but the same Board we have designed for our application.and we have configured our board with arduino. but it is not working.

so i want test it with MBR3 kit. and disconnecting it's on board capsense connection.and instead of it i will connect my Capsense PCB with PSOC controller. by connecting it's SDA and SCL pins.

i want ensure that what are the connection required to connect another capsense PCB board with PSOC programmer to test that , our PCB is working or not.

please tell me the connection required to connect the capsense PCB with our PSOC board.

Thank You

0 Likes
9 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,

Please let me know if I have understood your question correctly.

1. First, you interfaced our MBR3 kit with the arduino (host) and it worked as expected.

2. Then you interfaced custom capsense board with arduino (host) and found that it wasn't working as expected. Could you please let us know what went wrong or what was not working?

3. Now you want your custom capsense board to be interfaced with a PSoC device. You need to connect only the SCL SDA , ground pin and host interrupt pin to the PSoC device.

You can refer :

CY8CMBR3xxx Host APIs.zip

CY8CMBR3xxx Host APIs Demo Project.zip

Capsense design guide - Configuring MBR3 section - http://www.cypress.com/file/46366/download

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

yes, the first two sentences that you have mentioned that is correct, i have one source code that i am running through arduino and configure the MBR3 kit.

just i want to know that is there difference , if i am running the one controller configuration to my another custom capsense board controller. because i have checked it and it is working .

second thing that you have asked me that is what was not working.

----- ardunio to my custom capsense board

1. my SDA and SCL pins are High.

2. Normally My Host INT pins is also High

3. But when I am touch the button  it is not going active low as expected.

4. Also my data has been written Successfully through I2C

please guide me about this issue

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi

Coincidentally, I was playing with same board with CY8CKIT-044 today.

I needed to move jumper

J13 MBR3-SCL <-> J3-SCL

J14 MBR3 <-> J3-SDA

J15 mode -> B

moto

0 Likes

Hi Nilesh,

1. Can you please check if you have used pull up resistors for HI line also?

2. SPO_CFG register is set to host interrupt pin

3. If possible share your schematic file of your custom capsense board and the connection between PSoC and capsense board.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi,

i have checked the pull up resistor. it is OK, here i am attaching the Waveform Picture of my I2C communication.

the last bit of SCL line is ACK/NACk.  and i am getting '1 ' at the last bit of SCL line. why i am getting the NACK

please see the waveformIMG_20181218_172225.jpg

0 Likes

Hi Nilesh,

1. Regarding the NACK, could you please let us know what is the master command you are sending? I suppose you didn't receive a NACK when you are sending the configuration files. Also kindly remember that the first byte that you send to the EZI2C will always be NACKed hence the first byte of data that you send to the MBR3 device should always be a dummy byte.

Refer to MBR3 device datasheet - I2C communication guidelines section for more details

http://www.cypress.com/file/46236/download

2. Regarding the Cypress technical design person, could you please let us know if your query is anything that is confidential information and that you can't reveal here. If not, please ask your question here/ create a new thread, our engineer will assist in that thread.

3. One reason I could think of is your Cp value being beyond limits (5 to 45 pF ) that the smartsense has automatically turned off the sensors. If that is the case you need to measure the Cp of the sensors and let us know. If Cp is greater that 45 pF there is nothing that can be done but to redesign your entire layout.

4. Has your schematic and layout files been reviewed by any of the Cypress engineers? If not, please share your files, we can do a quick review here.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

This thread has been locked due to inactivity for more than 3 weeks

- Cypress Semiconductor

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi sir,

i have successfully communicated with Psoc Programmer. and i am configure my custom board through Ez click software. i have detected the my device at target device.

and  i have configure the 4 buttons and 1 slider and enabled the host INT pins(as per my application).  and my device configuration completed

successfully.

but the issue is that my capsense button not working , and slider also. i am checking it on the EZ Click Software at  capsense output mode.

but my capsense buttons are not working. so i don't understand why it is not working.

please guide me about this issue.what are the reasons that capsense  buttons will not work.

Regards,

Nilesh

0 Likes

Also i want the mail ID of your Technical Design Person , i have some query about the cypress design. so i can communicate with them through Mail.

Thank You

0 Likes