BLE DONGLE SOFTWARE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaAm_1281831
Level 2
Level 2
First comment on KBA 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

We use PSOC BLE Module in our product, and we would like to test the BLE connectivity of those boards during production build.

And we dont want to use PC for this TEST, I want to accomplish this using the below approach, please let me know if you agree with this.

1. The Software on the BLE MODULE (DEVICE UNDER TEST - DUT) publishes a custom BLE Characteristic that is Read and Write enabled.

2. The BLE USB Dongle is powered from 5V source, the custom software on the Dongle tries to connect to  the BLE devices and it looks for the custom BLE characteristic,

Once It finds the specific custom characteristic, then it keeps the connection.

3. The  DUT Dignostic software would pass the test once the BLE connection is established.

I need a BLE dongle Firmware to perform these operations, please let me know if you agree with this test or you have any better ideas.

Thanks,

Naga.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello Naga,

Your approach is fine. You can program the BLE USB Dongle with a custom central/client  firmware which looks for the  specific data from a peripheral/server device ( for example characteristics UUID) and based on this establishes a BLE connection.

Please have a look at below link which has two examples both for Central and Peripheral device. Here the central device looks for a specific characteristics UUID for filtering a particular peripheral device. The central project can be flashed into the dongle.

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE_UART at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · ...

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello Naga,

Your approach is fine. You can program the BLE USB Dongle with a custom central/client  firmware which looks for the  specific data from a peripheral/server device ( for example characteristics UUID) and based on this establishes a BLE connection.

Please have a look at below link which has two examples both for Central and Peripheral device. Here the central device looks for a specific characteristics UUID for filtering a particular peripheral device. The central project can be flashed into the dongle.

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE_UART at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · ...

-Gyan

0 Likes