[FM24V02A-GTR] Tr of fram

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi. i need your help.

i tested some our company's product with cypress fram.

i checked cypress  fram's spec.

FM24V02A-GTR spectested data
minmaxunint測定値
Fscl-1MHz199.005kHz
Thigh260-ns2.42us
Tlow500-ns2.42us
Tr-120ns130nsNG
Tf20(vdd/5.5v)120ns25ns
Thd:sta260-ns1.08us
Tsu:sta260-ns
Thd:dat0-ns130ns
Tsu:dat50-ns1.93us
Tdh:dat130ns
Tsu:sto260-ns1.38us
Taa-450ns520nsNG
Tbuf500-ns139.75us
Tsp050ns0-

then, Tr and Taa is out of spec.

i think, it is ok . because Fscl is 200kHz.

are you guys also think it is ok?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Hana,

We looked into the table where you have made all the measurements with the scope. Tr spec as mentioned in the datasheet has a max limit of 120 ns while what you are measuring is 130 ns. Please note this is the rise time of the clock signal that you have to provide to the FRAM on the SCL pin. So, the datasheet clearly states that the rise time of this clock pulse should be max 120 ns while in your case it is 130 ns which means that the FRAM is operating outside the limits mentioned in the datasheet, which is one of the reason why Taa spec is not meeting its timing specs as in the datasheet. We will suggest you to provide a clock pulse from your controller which has a rising time lower than the 120ns spec and check for these results again. (You can check the schematics of your test board to see if you can change something there to improve the rise time.Lowering the resistance or capacitance/load on the SCL line will help you improve the spec)

As far as 200KHz is concerned you can operate at this frequency as there is no limit to the lower frequency in I2C.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi

Can you elaborate more on your test procedure.

Can you also specify in which mode are you working. Is it the high speed mode ?

Can you share the scope shots also that you used to measure these values.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradipta.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI

1. Original circuit(vdd 5v) -> add level change circuit, change the pull-up R and fram(vdd 3v)

After it, I just checked the ac characteristic using osc.

2. I think it was fast-mode.

3. I tested it using yokogawa’s osc and probe.

Thanks,

hana.

FM24V02A-GTR

min

max

unint

UT55A

Fscl

-

MHz

kHz

Thigh

-

ns

us

Tlow

-

ns

us

Tr

-

ns

ns

Tf

20(vdd/5.5v)

ns

ns

Thd:sta

-

ns

us

Tsu:sta

-

ns

Thd:dat

-

ns

ns

Tsu:dat

-

ns

us

Tdh:dat

ns

Tsu:sto

-

ns

us

Taa

-

ns

ns

Tbuf

-

ns

us

Tsp

ns

[cid:image005.jpg@01D495EB.9AFA86F0]

0 Likes

Hi Hana,

We looked into the table where you have made all the measurements with the scope. Tr spec as mentioned in the datasheet has a max limit of 120 ns while what you are measuring is 130 ns. Please note this is the rise time of the clock signal that you have to provide to the FRAM on the SCL pin. So, the datasheet clearly states that the rise time of this clock pulse should be max 120 ns while in your case it is 130 ns which means that the FRAM is operating outside the limits mentioned in the datasheet, which is one of the reason why Taa spec is not meeting its timing specs as in the datasheet. We will suggest you to provide a clock pulse from your controller which has a rising time lower than the 120ns spec and check for these results again. (You can check the schematics of your test board to see if you can change something there to improve the rise time.Lowering the resistance or capacitance/load on the SCL line will help you improve the spec)

As far as 200KHz is concerned you can operate at this frequency as there is no limit to the lower frequency in I2C.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradipta.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI

I have some question.

You suggested reduce R or C.

But if I use it the present condition(Tr :130, Taa: 530) is it make other trouble?

Also I think

the thing Tr is exceed the 120ns was occurred by probe’s capacitance(maybe 10pF?)

I'm not sure if it's right or wrong, …

So reaaly I want to know is

Is it ok that I use the present condition (Tr :130, Taa: 530)

0 Likes

Hi Kim,

The parts should be operated under datasheet specified conditions for optimal performance.

Under the present condition (Tr : 130, Taa : 530) you are already observing that because the rise time is not within specs you are getting a delay in read as well in form of Taa. Over a period of time it can cause harm to the part as well. We will suggest you to verify once that Tr does not exceeds the spec data and then continue. We can only guarantee optimal performance and functionality of our parts when the datasheet conditions are met.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradipta.

0 Likes