Programming PSOC 5 with GSM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
moro_1580446
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi everybody.i built a board with quectel GSM M95 and psoc5 for IOT project.now it works well.but sometimes i want to add more ability or change program on psoc5.so i should go to near of device and reprogramming psoc5 with PC .it is very hard for me.so i want to update program on psoc5 with gsm.how can i do it?

is there anybody to help me?

it is very important for me.thanks a lot...

0 Likes
1 Solution

I see, Bootloader application does not create the .cyacd since it's the software which is about to receive a bootloadable application which is compiled to the .cyacd output.

So the first step: Bootloader produces .hex which is to be programmed via jtag (use one of programmers).

Second step: After bootloader is flashed then you can use the .cyacd and some bootloader host application which will download the app.

Some more docs you may refer to:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you have got the PSoC project files from the board manufacturer it is possible to make changes to the board.

All you need is a Kitprog (as part of a prototype kit) or a miniprog 3. One of those is required to program/debug the PSoC chip. The required software (Creator IDE) can be downloaded for free from Cypress.

Bob

0 Likes

I have program files, because it written by me.but my question is a bout In application Programming or Firmware on the air with GSM module.can you help me to do it?

0 Likes

As far as I see on the picture you provided there is a PSoC5 prototyping kit attached to the GSM board. There seem to be pins for the programmer interface. So the question I have is: How did you do the initial programming of the PSoC?

Bob

0 Likes

I connect psoc programmer with connector to psoc5LP and when finish my programming  disconnect programmer from psoc5lp and start board to do its idle and send data to server with gsm by uart interface At Command.

my question is a bout FOTA programming when board is not near to me.how can i do it?

0 Likes
UrPl_1236626
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given First solution authored 50 replies posted

You have two options:

1. use the UART bootloader project, and enter it on specific secret code received by your main program
    See the reference project | http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an68272-psoc-3-psoc-4-psoc-5lp-and-psoc-analo...
  2. if you have enough flash you can implement a kind of downloader in your main program to store it as a 2nd application and execute via dual-boot option, the 2nd program

KR Uros

0 Likes

H i Mr R Uros,,thanks for explain .but the video on link is not play.why?

0 Likes

It's working on my side, however go for the PDF below.

0 Likes

I cant play video on my side.can you give me download link?

0 Likes

I want to program psoc5 by bootloader host program.but i cant build .cyacd file with psoc creator?how can i do that?

when i build program with psoc reator,it is not create .cyacd file?what i can to do?

0 Likes

Look at the CortexM3/<compiler version>/Release or /Debug sub-folder, there it is.

0 Likes

I know that.but my question is about release .cyacd file.how can i set this setting?when i build project project .cyacd file is not built.why?

0 Likes

In the toolbar you have an option to select either Release or Debug, which then creates an appropriate sub-folder and compiles everything there. I hope I understood your question right (?)

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

my problem is not create .cyacd at cortex m3 folder.

my program file is attached.please check it.

thanks alot...

0 Likes

I see, Bootloader application does not create the .cyacd since it's the software which is about to receive a bootloadable application which is compiled to the .cyacd output.

So the first step: Bootloader produces .hex which is to be programmed via jtag (use one of programmers).

Second step: After bootloader is flashed then you can use the .cyacd and some bootloader host application which will download the app.

Some more docs you may refer to:

0 Likes

Thanks a lot.it is worked.i can program in psoc5 with bootloader host.now i want to replace bootloader host by gsm.and update firmware over the air.can you help me how i can do it?

0 Likes

Good.

There are many ways how your board can connect to your system via gsm,2G,... modem, and how you communicate with it on your host side (?). Is it TCP/IP channel or also serial UART like?

• On PSoC side do not forget to configure the modem, so that it's connected and transparent, then enter bootloader which will seamlessly communicate with your host,
  • and on host side you may trick it to implement a virtual com port, unless it already behaves like this (if you're using some external device which also has UART, CDC, ... serial like port).
0 Likes

I am using M95(2G) quectel.psoc5 is connecting to gsm with uart.Connection network is MQTT (tcp).

how i can programming with bootloader on gsm side?

thank you for attention...

0 Likes