cyelftool: flash address outside hex file range

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiOs_3615486
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I'm a newbie to Cypress, I'm picking up where other people left off... 

When using 4.x cyelftool, what causes this message to occur?  This message does not occur using the 3.3 version of the tool on the same input file.

0 Likes
4 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Jim,

Could you share with us some log of the error?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

Generated_Source\PSoC4 -Wl,-Map,.\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Release/second_stage_boot_loader.map -T .\cm0gcc.ld -specs=nano.specs -Wl,--gc-sections -g -ffunction-sections -Os -ffat-lto-objects -Wl,--end-group

cyelftool.exe -C C:\svn\Transformer\trunk\src\connectivitynode\Source\BleReference\second_stage_boot_loader.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Release\second_stage_boot_loader.elf --flash_row_size 256 --flash_size 262144 --flash_offset 0x00000000

No ELF section .cychecksum found, creating one

Application checksum calculated and stored in ELF section .cychecksum

Checksum calculated and stored in ELF section .cymeta

Failed to generate C:\svn\Transformer\trunk\src\connectivitynode\Source\BleReference\second_stage_boot_loader.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Release\second_stage_boot_loader.hex: Flash address outside hex file range

The command 'cyelftool.exe' failed with exit code '1'.

--------------- Build Failed: 12/17/2018 07:41:34 ---------------

From what I understand, this particular image only creates a RAM image that we subsequently use for our own purposes.  The 3.3 PSoC creator gave no errors, only the 4.x is giving errors.

0 Likes

Follow-on question:  is there a way to SKIP cyelftool for a given project ?  This is under Windows, PSoC Creator 4.x

I haven't met this issue.

But sometimes this kind of issue caused by some invalid configuration of tool chains.

Could you share the full project, so that we can try reproducing the error and try to find workaround?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes