Problems when connecting WiFi-Direct of Murata Type1LD/Type1GC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TaKo_1005866
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

When connecting with smart phones in the WiFi-Direct Client mode, it may become unrecoverable if the connection fails.

<Environment>

WICED: WICED-Studio-6.1.0.85-IDE

Type1GC: Type1GC-Eval Rev B

Platform File: WICED-Studio-6.2_Type1GC

NetX Duo: v5.10_sp3

WLAN Firmware: wl 0: Feb 12 2018 23: 35: 27 version 7.15.168.108 (r683813) FWID 01-81fd72af

WLAN CLM: API: 12.2 Data: 9.10.74 Compiler: 1.31.3 ClmImport: 1.36.3 Creation: 2018-02-12 23: 30: 46

Sample program: apps/test/console

Make Target: test.console-MurataType1GC-NetX download run

<State>

A state in which wps_host_join() is repeatedly called and does not return from wps_enrollee_start() in wiced_wps_thread_main().

<Terminal log excerpt>

P2P negotiation complete ...

Starting WPS Enrollee

Joining 'DIRECT-SY-Android_xxx'

WPS join failed on interface 2

After that, repeat Joining・・・ and WPS join・・・.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I don't have the required test-setup with me currently. But by examining the wps code base in WICED, I can see why this problem is occurring. If you check 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/security/BESL/host/WICED/p2p_internal.c and search for directed_wps_max_attempts, you will find that it is set to the maximum possible value. You can change this value to a value of your choice (a feasible number_ and for further debug, you can try printing the ap_join_attempts and directed_wps_max_attempts before the wps_registrar is started (line #633). I assume you have already enabled the WPS related debug in wiced_defaults.h and hence you should be able to add debug prints using WPS_INFO. Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Could you please confirm that CYW43907 is a GC and Android application is GO? If that's the case could you please tell which android application are you using so that we can reproduce this issue quickly. I have done the testing between two 43907 boards and I did not face any issue but I have not tested with an android application.

0 Likes

Smart phones is Nexus 5X Android 8.1.0.

I confirmed that CYW43907 is GC and smart phones is GO.

0 Likes

I don't have the required test-setup with me currently. But by examining the wps code base in WICED, I can see why this problem is occurring. If you check 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/security/BESL/host/WICED/p2p_internal.c and search for directed_wps_max_attempts, you will find that it is set to the maximum possible value. You can change this value to a value of your choice (a feasible number_ and for further debug, you can try printing the ap_join_attempts and directed_wps_max_attempts before the wps_registrar is started (line #633). I assume you have already enabled the WPS related debug in wiced_defaults.h and hence you should be able to add debug prints using WPS_INFO. Hope it helps!