Regarding FX3 Controller (CYUSB3035) VBATT Operation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SuWa_3337731
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 questions asked

This is regarding Cypress USB Superspeed peripheral controller FX3 (MPN: CYUSB3035).

We are already using this part in our couple of designs. In our existing designs, we connected VBUS and VBATT pin to 5V (Vbus voltage coming from USB connector).

As per datasheet of FX3 controller, VBATT pin can be connected to 3.3V battery supply.

We are planning to connect VBus with 5V (5V coming from USB connector) and VBATT pin with 3.3V on-board battery.

We would like to check if FX3 controller can operate with VBATT voltage only if voltage of VBUS pin is not available. In this case, can we use I2C interface of the controller?

Thanks & Regards,

Sunny Watts

0 Likes
1 Solution
alamandaa_16
10 likes received First like received

Hello Sunny Watts,

FX3 controller can operate with VBATT voltage only.

Yes,you can use I2C interface of the FX3.but you should enable the Vbatt signal in the FX3 firmware.

void CyFx3BootUsbVBattEnable ( CyBool_t enable ) API is used to used to enable/disable the Vbatt power input to the USB block. If enable is CyFalse then Vbatt signal is connected to the USB block.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
alamandaa_16
10 likes received First like received

Hello Sunny Watts,

FX3 controller can operate with VBATT voltage only.

Yes,you can use I2C interface of the FX3.but you should enable the Vbatt signal in the FX3 firmware.

void CyFx3BootUsbVBattEnable ( CyBool_t enable ) API is used to used to enable/disable the Vbatt power input to the USB block. If enable is CyFalse then Vbatt signal is connected to the USB block.

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

0 Likes

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the quick response.

I would like to discuss the system requirement in detail for FX3 along with a power delivery controller.

Can you have tele-discussion or webex/Skype meeting?

Thanks & Regards,

Sunny Watts

Keysight Labs - RoQ, Bias & Controls

Telnet: 1-268-2572

DID: +91-124-4862572

Cell: +91-9999907724

0 Likes