CyInstaller for PSoC Creator 4.2 Quits on Install

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I downloaded PSoCCreatorSetup_4.2_es100_b641.exe this morning for evaluation for a new project. I tried to install this package on my Windows 10 machine, but it always fails to install near the end. The snapshot below shows what happens when it quits.

Capture.JPG

The installer seems to have started two install threads and then decides that this is a conflict. When I click the OK button, the installer rolls-back all the the partial installation that it has made leaving nothing installed. There are three choices during install: Typical, Custom, and Full Install. All three choices fail in exactly the same way. I noticed that the installer does try to install PSoC Creator and the Keil Development tools as it asks for license agreement sequentially for both. Possibly this may be the conflict that causes the failure. Any suggestions as to how I can install this program?

I have checked the Windows Task Manager to insure that there are not more than one install happening simultaneously, but only the single install task shows.

0 Likes
1 Reply
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Douglas,

Have you tried re-installing it after restarting your windows machine?

And you may try downloading a new installer package from website in case of any unknown damage of the installer you are using.

http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

And the troubleshooting about PSoC Creator is FYI if you met other issues when using it:

Troubleshooting PSoC® Creator™ Issues - KBA217546

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes