USB-IF Link Layer Test failed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DaBo_288066
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to get the USB-IF certification for a device based on FX3S (CYUSB3035-BZXC) but I get some fails on the Link Layer Test (see attached report).

Three out of four fails (TD.7.9, TD.7.11, TD.7.26) are related to the "New Timers" currently used by USB-IF... Is not clear if the Legacy Timers are still allowed... I'm waiting for the lab reply... The 4th fail (TD.7.17) I don't know if it is anyway related to the same cause.

Anyway, I don't think I can fix this problems modifying my code. It seem related to the internal functioning of the controller itself... Is the FX3 platform currently USB-IF certifiable?

I'm using SDK 1.3.3. Do you think that an upgrade to SDK 1.3.4 may fix the issues?

Thanks.

Dax

0 Likes
1 Solution
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

HI Dax,

Yes, TD 7.17 compliance test failure is fixed in FX3 SDK 1.3.4. Cypress has performed all the link layer tests with FX3 SDK 1.3.4 and verified that it is passing.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DaBo_288066
Level 2
Level 2

Hello! is there anybody in?

Please Cypress guys, this is a bad and urgent matter... I can't believe that the FX3 platform is not currently USB-IF compliant...

0 Likes
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

HI Dax,

Yes, TD 7.17 compliance test failure is fixed in FX3 SDK 1.3.4. Cypress has performed all the link layer tests with FX3 SDK 1.3.4 and verified that it is passing.

0 Likes