Excluding section of flash checksum when switching to Bootloadble

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vivec_3546641
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I want to exclude a section of flash while verifying checksum when switching to Bootloadble(User Application), from Bootloader.

The User Application size is very small  and i want to utilize some section of flash for other purpose.

when i try to update user information on flash (using Flash API), Bootloader API doesn't let me to jump in User Application(checksum mismatch ).

So is there any way to exclude a part of flash from the checksum written in metadata section?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Bootloader Component has a choice to select last N rows in PSoC4 uers flash excluded section of flash checksum.

This option allows you to specify the size of flash section that is intended for user needs and does not take part in Bootloadable Application checksum calculation. Other Components could use this section for storing data (for instance, BLE could store its pairing data). Default value is 0x00000000.

Refer Bootloader datasheet for more details:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/component-datasheets/bootloader-and-bootloadable

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Bootloader Component has a choice to select last N rows in PSoC4 uers flash excluded section of flash checksum.

This option allows you to specify the size of flash section that is intended for user needs and does not take part in Bootloadable Application checksum calculation. Other Components could use this section for storing data (for instance, BLE could store its pairing data). Default value is 0x00000000.

Refer Bootloader datasheet for more details:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/component-datasheets/bootloader-and-bootloadable

0 Likes