"S29GL01GS" parallel nor flash patch for linux-4.19.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rakic_3478611
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Reader,

I am working with kernel 4.19.2. Is there any patch available for 4.19.2 kernel for S29GL01GS parallel NOR Flash. I got one link on your website for kernel 4.14.0.

Please suggest me how to add support for parallel nor flash in linux kernel.

Thanks

Raj kishor

0 Likes
5 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Raj Kishor,

Our NOR flash patch is not mandatory for GL-S. The GL01GS flash is supported out-of-the-box by the standard NOR flash driver (cfi_cmdset_0002.c). The patch is only needed on GL-S if the customer wants to use the buffered write mode of JFFS2 to maximize reliability.

Please let us know, if you are using buffered write mode of JFFS2.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Dear Sudheesh,

My sincere thanks for you to respond to my queries.

Right now we are trying to bring up NOR Flash device in Kernel 4.19.2. (i.e., simple read write to the flash).

Later on we have plan to "put" file system on that Flash, then we may use buffered write mode of JFFS2.

Since support for parallel nor is already in Linux kernel, then is it possible for you to please share sample devicetree for our device (S29GL01GS10DHI010) and menuconfig options to test the Nor Flash device?

Thanks

Raj kishor

0 Likes

Dear Sudheesh,

We are successfully able to detect the Flash device in kernel.

Please help us to enable support for using buffered write mode of JFFS2 for Linux kernel 4.19.2.

Thanks

Raj kishor

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Raj kishor,

I have attached the Linux patch with buffered write mode of JFFS2 enabled with this response. Please note that it is not fully tested. You can use it and let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Dear Sudheesh,

Thank you very much for support.

We shall test it and let you know the results.

0 Likes