PSoC6 Flash Failed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nabc_3911511
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I'm having the following error when I attempt to program.

Erasing of Main Flash...

Erasing of Main Flash Failed

EraseAll API returned: Error code 0x0140EE70: Unknown SROM status code

Error: dbg.M0023: There was an error while programming the device: PSoC Programmer reported error (100 - EraseAll API returned: Error code 0x0140EE70: Unknown SROM status code)

On the pop-up, it says:

There was an error while programming the device: PSoC Programmer reported error (100 - EraseAll API returned: Error code 0x0140EE70: Unknown SROM status code)

There was an error running the Programmer to configure the device. Try lowering the clock speed used for communication in the Options dialog, under Tools > Options > Program/Debug > Port Configuration. If the problem persists, make sure that the Programmer for this debug target is properly installed and ready to use.

The device is CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT, and I was able to program successfully on first few projects base on the PSoC6 101 video tutorial,

but now all projects I programmed successfully are not flashing, too.

I highly doubt it's the port configuration issue because when I plug the power the host computer detects the device, but the TFT display shield is just white blank, not displaying anything. This makes me suspect the factory software was corrupted somehow.

When I searched for the error, the only similar relevant error I found is this,

Programming Error

However, I couldn't find the solution from the page posted (Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619 ).

One thing I suspect is that something corrupted device when I pressed buttons on the board.

The start guide shows what each button is called, but I couldn't find any good document explaining what the buttons do.

So, I've been pressing the buttons trying to figure out what they do.

How do I fix this error? Do I have to reset the factory mode? If so, how?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I not sure the following will solve your problem, but give it a try.  I used the KitProg programmer  - I suggest you just use KitProg2 what you have and reprogram it.  To do so, launch PSoc Programmer (which comes with the installation) with the unit to be programmed plugged in (the KitProg2 should be recognized) and follow the directions (well-described in documentation) to update the firmware.   Then, returned to PSoC Creator and programming the unit again.  In my case, when the error occurred,  I had a shield plugged into the unit with power.  When I removed the shield, programming the MCU worked.  I then plugged back the shield and then the whole application worked. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Nathan,

Which programmer tool are you using, the on-board KitProg/bridge or MiniProg-3 ?

Please check all switches on your kit are at correct place. In addition, please read user guide of your kit. Maybe it can help you out.

http://www.cypress.com/file/390496/download

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

It's KitProg2.

As I mentioned, it's WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit, not BLE kit, and I don't think MiniProg3 is included.

I found the "factory program restoration instruction" from KitProg2 guide here.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/kitprog2-user-guide

Followed the instruction 10.2.1.1 since there is no MiniProg3.

It couldn't find hex file, so I used KitProg2.hex file included in Programmer dir.

Firmware update passed, but still getting the same error I described when I program in PSoC creator.

0 Likes
nabc_3911511
Level 2
Level 2

Is anyone from Cypress monitoring the discussion board?

I really need to fix this ASAP...

0 Likes

Sorry for late reply.

Have you solved this issue? If not, I'd like to confirm -

- you mentioned you had successfully programmed the kit with same board settings & programmer settings, right?

- switch on SW3 to check if it works.

0 Likes

No, I couldn’t solve the problem, and the issue is still remained.

- Yes, it programmed successfully at the beginning, worked fine for first 2 or 3 days.

- I’ve already tried pressing every button on the board and different switch settings. Still having the same issue. I even tried pressing two or more buttons together and for the longer duration to see if there is a reset combination but didn’t help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar problem - with a recently acquired PSoc6 BLE Pioneer Kit. Initially working fine, then start getting the error.

One difference is that in this case it is with KitProg3 (which came with the kit, in my case).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrading the firmware of KitProg3 solved the problem.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yet, it is intermittent, as the problem reoccurred, and then was not solved by reprogramming the KitProg3.

0 Likes

So, I need another, separate programmer/debugger in order to solve this error?

I assume you mean miniProg3, not KitProg3 since KitProg seems like a name of the firmware, not the hardware programmer/debugger, according to this page.

http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions

I see the MiniProg is almost as expensive as the Wifi-BT kit itself.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-002-psoc-miniprog3-program-and-d...

What you're saying is, BLE kit has the programmer/debugger included.

I assume it's a Cy5677 BLE USB dongle according to this guide.

http://www.cypress.com/file/417006/download

The whole BLE kit is still cheaper than the MiniProg itself.

Now my question is, can this BLE dongle be used to update the firmware?

It sounds more reasonable to get the BLE kit than the miniProg.

What's the point of the miniProg then? Is the dongle program limit only for the BLE kit? Is it compatible with Wifi-BT kit?

I'm sorry for the long writing, but I'm little confused as I'm new to the whole PSoC.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I not sure the following will solve your problem, but give it a try.  I used the KitProg programmer  - I suggest you just use KitProg2 what you have and reprogram it.  To do so, launch PSoc Programmer (which comes with the installation) with the unit to be programmed plugged in (the KitProg2 should be recognized) and follow the directions (well-described in documentation) to update the firmware.   Then, returned to PSoC Creator and programming the unit again.  In my case, when the error occurred,  I had a shield plugged into the unit with power.  When I removed the shield, programming the MCU worked.  I then plugged back the shield and then the whole application worked. 

0 Likes

Guess I have no other option. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes