xclk and pclk in ov7670?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Hello,

I am trying to implement streaming using fx3 kit and ov7670.

I have connected 8 data pins, i2c, hsync and frame sync, pclk which is coming from ov7670 to fx3.

there is another pin xclk in which it requires clock input for ov7670.

How to configure gpif and what are connections to be made with ov7670 for streaming?

how to stream using ov7670?

i did these changes referred in the discussion above but i am not clear about gpif connection xclk.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The XCLK pin has to be connected to the clock or crystal input that is required for the operation of the image sensor. PCLK pin has to be connected to the PCLK pin of FX3 and acts as the interface clock for the GPIF II.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The XCLK pin has to be connected to the clock or crystal input that is required for the operation of the image sensor. PCLK pin has to be connected to the PCLK pin of FX3 and acts as the interface clock for the GPIF II.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

I have edited the uvc and added a pwm which is providing oscillator of 24 MHz to ov7670.

and the fx3 is connected as uvc in windows but i am not getting any output video out of it.

0 Likes

Hello,

- What is the firmware that you are using? Is it based on AN75779? If yes, please let us know what modifications you have made to the firmware to support the OV7670 sensor.

- You can refer to section 9.3 of the AN75779 application note for the necessary firmware modifications to support a new sensor.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes