CE222221, PSoC 6 MCU Voice Recorder example won’t compile for CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT, PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit with PCreator 4.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GoMa_1139756
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I’m having a problem trying to compile the CE222221, PSoC 6 MCU Voice Recorder, example program that is referenced in the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT, PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit Guide.  Following the instructions in both the guide and the CE222221 app note, the compile fails due to missing header files.  I’m using the latest example download, CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT_PSoC®6_WiFi-BT_Pioneer_Kit_Code_Examples.zip, from Cypress’ website.  The app note mentions a FreeRTOSConfig.h header file and states “DO NOT replace the FreeRTOSConfig.h file”.  The example zip includes the header file, but when I try to compile I get the following message:

“The following configuration files have been removed from the project because they are no longer used by the design. These files are still on disk but changes made to them will need to be replicated in the new files. Removed files:  C:\Users\gordonmx\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.2\Examples\PSoC 6 MCU\CE222221_Voice_Recorder.cydsn\FreeRTOSConfig.h

Details –

Some configuration files are no longer used by the design. These files have been removed from the project with new files added in their place. Any changes made to the files in question will need to be replicated in the newly added files.”

Note: Because my PC is running Windows 7 Pro and the default directory for the examples is in the “C:\Program files” path with restricted permissions, I set up my workspace into C:\Users\gordonmx\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.2\Examples\PSoC 6 MCU\CE222221_Voice_Recorder.cydsn

When I press [OK] the build continues, but fails with the following message:

In file included from main_cm4.c:43:0:

The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.

1. rtos.h:46:26: fatal error: FreeRTOS.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

--------------- Build Failed: 12/05/2018 14:55:21 ---------------

The header file rtos.h does exist, but FreeRTOS.h does not, as well a number of other header files referenced in rtos.h, such as task.h, queue.h, semphr.h and event_groups.h. 

Cypress Product Version (from PCreator About Page)-

Environment:

PSoC Creator 4.2 (4.2.0.641)

Culture: English (United States)

OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

CLR Version: 4.0.30319.42000

Installed CyInstaller Products:

CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit 1.0 Rev.*G

CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A Kit 1.0 Rev.*B

CY8CKIT-044 PSoC 4 M-Series Pioneer Kit 1.0 Rev.*B

CY8CKIT-048 PSoC Analog Coprocessor Pioneer Kit 1.0 Rev.**

CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit 1.0 Rev.**

Cypress Document Manager 1.0 SP1

CySmart 1.3

Peripheral Driver Library 3.0.4

PSoC Programmer 3.27.3

PSoC Creator 4.2

I’ve attached the build.log for more details.  What am I doing wrong?  Thank you for your assistance.

Gordon Margulieux

gordonmx@gmail.com

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Please refer to thread PDL3.03 didn't fit CE222221 Voice Recorder project and let me know if it can resolve your issue. Just ignore the difference of PDL version.

-Fred

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Please refer to thread PDL3.03 didn't fit CE222221 Voice Recorder project and let me know if it can resolve your issue. Just ignore the difference of PDL version.

-Fred