Clock source in example fx3 (AN75779)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VlKh_2251656
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello!

Now I will explore your example:

AN75779

How to Implement an Image Sensor Interface Using EZ-USB FX3 in a USB Video Class (UVC) Framework

It uses a camera module MT9M114.

I don't have this module.

I have a similat module, but it does not have an internal clock source.

Therefore, I want to send him a clock frequency from FX3 dev board (through any pin)

Tell me, is it possible to do?

How?

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- To generate clock for the image sensor module, you can use an external crystal.

- In case you wanted to generate clock from FX3, you can use the complex GPIO to generate a PWM based clock. Please refer to the GpioComplexApp that comes with the FX3 SDK for example implementation of PWM. This example sets the duty cycle of the PWM to 25% but it can be modified for any desired duty cycle.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- To generate clock for the image sensor module, you can use an external crystal.

- In case you wanted to generate clock from FX3, you can use the complex GPIO to generate a PWM based clock. Please refer to the GpioComplexApp that comes with the FX3 SDK for example implementation of PWM. This example sets the duty cycle of the PWM to 25% but it can be modified for any desired duty cycle.

Best regards,

Srinath S

Many thanks!

It's very good answer!

0 Likes

Sorry, but I don't find

GpioComplexApp project

in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3 folder....

0 Likes

Hello,

Please find the same in the following path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxgpiocomplexapp

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Good!

Many thanks!

0 Likes