Control Endpoint in Slave FIFO example.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
eata_1526501
Level 1
Level 1

For the 16-bit data transfer, i have used Slave FIFO example as cypress has given. It works proporly. But simulternously i also want to control some function in FPGA from user application via FX3 using control Endpoint. But it did'nt work.

How can i introduce control endpint in Slave FIFO code? O

r is there any other method to send control to FPGA via Slave FIFO?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

- In case you are using FX3 in USB 2.0 mode, please refer to the below KBA which has got the workaround.

EZ-USB® FX3™ Issues With Simultaneous Bulk-IN and Control-IN Transfers In USB 2.0 – KBA92475

- In case you are using USB 3.0 mode and still face issue, please capture the USB traces during failure and share the same.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Have you implemented a vendor command handler to communicate over the Control endpoint?

- To notify the FPGA, you can toggle/drive a GPIO from the FX3 inside the vendor command handler. Please look at the CyFxApplnUSBSetupCB() function block in the GpifToUsb example firmware that comes with the FX3 SDK for reference implementation of vendor commands.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Yes i have implemented the vendor command henadler to communicate with control endpoint and i can control FPGA IOs too. But my previous slave FIFO operation (Stream_IN) has stooped. 

0 Likes

Hello,

- In case you are using FX3 in USB 2.0 mode, please refer to the below KBA which has got the workaround.

EZ-USB® FX3™ Issues With Simultaneous Bulk-IN and Control-IN Transfers In USB 2.0 – KBA92475

- In case you are using USB 3.0 mode and still face issue, please capture the USB traces during failure and share the same.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes