serial number

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rasec_2385561
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I was reading a discussion about setting the serial number "FX3 Serial number ". What I read was trying to use a SerialNumberGenerate.exe  . So I tried to run the executable with my hex file output (probably wrong). The output I received is below.

C:\Cypress\SerialNumberGenerate>SerialNumberGenerate 7 Project1.hex

Exception. Please check the file path... Press Any Key to Exit...

C:\Cypress\SerialNumberGenerate>SerialNumberGenerate 7 .\Project1.hex

Exception. Please check the file path... Press Any Key to Exit...

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- SerialNumberGenerate in FX3 Serial number was a test application for reference. It was customized for the user who asked for a serial number starting with 'CA'. But, it can be modified if you wanted to have a different character string.

- The application was meant for generating IMG files and not HEX files.

- The application expects 3 arguments which is different from your implementation. This is the reason for the exception. Please read through the Readme.txt file attached with the application.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- SerialNumberGenerate in FX3 Serial number was a test application for reference. It was customized for the user who asked for a serial number starting with 'CA'. But, it can be modified if you wanted to have a different character string.

- The application was meant for generating IMG files and not HEX files.

- The application expects 3 arguments which is different from your implementation. This is the reason for the exception. Please read through the Readme.txt file attached with the application.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes