CY8CKIT-001; SPI header beside prototype board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is probably the wrong community but I can't seem to find one just for the CY8CKIT developer kit, but maybe someone can answer this or direct me to the right place.

I'm working on a basic SPI project using the CY8CKIT-001 with the PSoC5LP module and see a header, beside the prototype breadboard, with pins marked as "MOSI, MISO, SCK, nSS, IRQ", etc. Can I use those pins to connect to my SPI slave? If so, to what ports do they mapped to on the PSoC?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,

The P12 header in the dev kit is for wireless radio module socket that is connected to the P17 header.

You can use the pins based on the PSoC 5 LP module you are using. For example, if you're using PSoC 5 CY8C58LP Family Processor Module then you can refer to the PSoC 5LP datasheet pinouts sections to check for the pins that support SPI.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,

The P12 header in the dev kit is for wireless radio module socket that is connected to the P17 header.

You can use the pins based on the PSoC 5 LP module you are using. For example, if you're using PSoC 5 CY8C58LP Family Processor Module then you can refer to the PSoC 5LP datasheet pinouts sections to check for the pins that support SPI.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes