how to set a timer at 2ms

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

as the title!what i mean is  that   i what  to  use  a timer at 2ms  to do ADC receive , but i  can not find how to achieve  it ! is there anyone can help me ?

also i have find that someone say the timer can not set below 3.5ms , is that ture ?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

螃蟹三号 您好,

Re: BCM20737S Timer Module 抄過來的,

> to interrupt every 30microseconds? Will that affect the workings of the bluetooth stack?

This will most likely trip the watchdog. Bluetooth tasks are the highest priority tasks in the system and any application activity under about every 3.5mS will interfere with BT activity.

這就是說,在3.5毫秒以內的定時器會影響到藍芽的功能。

希望這有幫助!

謝謝,

Kevin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The highest resolution (soft) application timer is the 12.5mS fine timer.

Recall that callbacks will be invoked in interrupt context and you are expected to return in under 100uS or you risk serious performance issues with the BLE connection.

There is more information here in this thread: Re: BCM20737S Timer Module and several others.

Go here: WICED Smart Forums and select the "Timers" category to do more research.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would take a look at arvinds's response in the BCM20737S Timer Module first and then take a look at FineTimer

-Kevin

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

螃蟹三号

Is this still an issue?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your  help  .  i have  also try what you say .but when i set the timer at 2ms,the system while go  wrong , and also can not be connect anymore ! may be  2ms  is  too fast for our BLE system !

0 Likes

The highest resolution (soft) application timer is the 12.5mS fine timer.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

螃蟹三号 您好,

Re: BCM20737S Timer Module 抄過來的,

> to interrupt every 30microseconds? Will that affect the workings of the bluetooth stack?

This will most likely trip the watchdog. Bluetooth tasks are the highest priority tasks in the system and any application activity under about every 3.5mS will interfere with BT activity.

這就是說,在3.5毫秒以內的定時器會影響到藍芽的功能。

希望這有幫助!

謝謝,

Kevin

0 Likes