Not able to generate PWM signal

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am using sample code of PWM generation which is provided by Cypress SDK (GpioComplexApp). We are trying to generate same waveform on different GPIO like GPIO 19, 17, 18 but its not able to generate. I go through data-sheet but did not found anything on PWM pin. So, is their any restriction to set the GPIO as a complex pin.

Please let me know why this GPIO pins not able to configure.

Thanks,

Amit

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi Amit,

There are eight complex I/O pin groups, Each group can have different complex I/O functions (such as PWM one shot).  You can find related information in Chapter 3.6.5 of FX3_Programmers_Manual.pdf which is included in FX3 SDK.

Regrads,

Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Amit,

1. You should share part number you are using and which SDK you are using to let us help you better.

2. For GPIO configured as PWM, you need drag a PWM component into the project .cysch and assign the output of PWM to the GPIO.

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lisa,

Cx3 part no : cyusb3065-bzxi

SDK : FX3 SDK 1.3.3

We just executing the sample example of GpioComplexApp and in that example we didn't found .cysch file so please let me know any other way.

Thanks,

Amit

0 Likes

Hi Amit,

I am moving this thread to CX3 thread.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi Amit,

There are eight complex I/O pin groups, Each group can have different complex I/O functions (such as PWM one shot).  You can find related information in Chapter 3.6.5 of FX3_Programmers_Manual.pdf which is included in FX3 SDK.

Regrads,

Eddie

0 Likes