Spansion LLD for S25FL127S serial NOR flash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ViC_3886151
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone.

I'm using PSoC 5LP in my project. Can someone please guide me regarding how to use Spansion SLLD v13.2.1 with S25FL127S serial NOR flash?

The flash is used to create a file and log some data.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vinay

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Vinay,

I will clarify my previous response. If you already have source code for a file system then you can use our sLLD along with it and create files on our flash device. You won't be able to create files on our device if you are using only our sLLD.

I think you already have a file system source code with you. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Vinay,

You can use the user guide available with our SLLD v13.2.1 to use it in your application, http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/low-level-driver-spi-flash?source=search&c... . But, you won't be able to create a file in our flash device using sLLD, are you using any file system in your application?

Thanks and Regards,Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hi Sudheesh,

Thanks for the reply. I am using FAT16/32 file system in which I have to create a file to store the data. If SLLD cannot be used to create a file, then what is the alternative?

Thanks and Regards,

Vinay

0 Likes

Hi Vinay,

I will clarify my previous response. If you already have source code for a file system then you can use our sLLD along with it and create files on our flash device. You won't be able to create files on our device if you are using only our sLLD.

I think you already have a file system source code with you. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Vinay,

As Sudheesh had already mentioned.  Cypress had already sent you the Cypress FLASH File System (FFS) package

on Thursday (29NOV2018) at 8:55a, Pacific Standard Time (PST).  The Case number is #470977.  Please thoroughly

check your e-mail in-box, clutter in-box, and/or junk in-box.

All three segments of the Cypress FLASH File System had already been sent to you...Case#470977.

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor

0 Likes

Hello Albert,

Thanks for the sharing the Cypress FFS. I'll go through it and get to you if required.

Regards,

Vinay

0 Likes