Not able to Boot sample code of PWM Generation on CX3.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sir/Madam,

We developed one hardware using CX3. We have a Denebola RDK to test our source code. We have one source code which successfully generating PWM signal on Denebola RDK. But same code not working on our designed Hardware. We already did following test cases.

1) Power supply testing on each point are correct.

2) Source code programmed properly on our hardware.

3) Both oscillator connected and working properly

• 13.768 KHz
  • 19.2 MHz

NOTE : Hardware schematic are as per the Denebola RDK.

Please let me know how to resolved this problem.

Thanks,

Amit

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Amit,

Have you got correct return value after you invoke CyU3PGpioSetComplexConfig?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Amit,

Have you got correct return value after you invoke CyU3PGpioSetComplexConfig?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

we are getting successful return.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We have tested VCC(3.3V, 1.2V), Clock, RST pin, boot connection. everything is same like as Denebola board except ripply observe on VCC. On Denebola board Ripply is around 20mV and our board it around 50 to 60mV. Is it creating problem?

0 Likes

I am not very sure about the question of ripple. As per the datasheet of FX3/CX3, the min of V_DD is 1,15 and max value of V_DD is 1.25V.

That is, the ripple is around 50 mV. Could you please try with another clean power supply?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We tried with another power supply which is having a low ripple but still we are facing same issue. We tried PWM generation on GPIO 22, 23, 24. It's properly working on Denebola board but not on our developed board. So, can you suggest us next step to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Amit

0 Likes

Hi Amit,

Can you please share your both your firmware and schematic file? I could check it on my side.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please give me your email id

0 Likes

The part for GPIO[50] looks fine. Could you please try to invoke CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride () to and CyU3PGpioSetComplexConfig to configure it as complex GPIO?

The example code could be find at CyU3PDeviceGPIOOverride() API .

Note: This is the example to configure simple GPIO. You just need to use  CyU3PGpioSetComplexConfig instead.

Also, could you please try to replace the CX3 chip with another one to see if it is broken.

0 Likes