BLE Central pairing with Peripheral

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChGa_3545231
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi there,

I am currently working on a Project where I want to connect my Psoc4 BLE with a Sensor which should send me Lux values.

My Psoc is set up as a GAP Peripheral and Gatt Client.

I discovered that I can only get those values if i am paired with the Sensor.

Is there any Example which covers this or anything where I can get information about how I should do this?

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I assume Lux Sensor is a BLE peripheral device. So, from PSoC device as soon as you connect to the Sensor , send the pairing request. You need to use CyBle_GapAuthReq() API as soon as you connect (CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_CONNECTED).

Refer below sample examples for more details on pairing --

1) PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day016_Authentication at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-...

2) PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day015_Bonding at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · G...

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I assume Lux Sensor is a BLE peripheral device. So, from PSoC device as soon as you connect to the Sensor , send the pairing request. You need to use CyBle_GapAuthReq() API as soon as you connect (CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_CONNECTED).

Refer below sample examples for more details on pairing --

1) PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day016_Authentication at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-...

2) PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day015_Bonding at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · G...

-Gyan

0 Likes