Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaXi_1246331
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

If I modify the product ID in the descriptor for USB2.0 and USB3.0 in the firmware example. After I download the firmware, windows begins to install driver for new device, but it fails, cy cosole displays nothong. If I modify the product ID to equal to that of a FX2LP based device developed previously, cy consolel recoganises it as a FX2LP device. How to explain these?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

This is an expected behavior. When the CYUSB3 driver is installed on the PC, the system remembers the driver information. The CYUSB3.INF file has the VID/PID combinations defined by Cypress. When any of these VID/PID is used in the firmware, the CYUSB3 driver gets automatically loaded. When a VID/PID other than the ones in the CYUSB3.INF file is used, the system does not find a suitable driver and hence displays the device under 'Unknown Devices' section in the device manager. The device then needs to be manually bound to the corresponding driver.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

This is an expected behavior. When the CYUSB3 driver is installed on the PC, the system remembers the driver information. The CYUSB3.INF file has the VID/PID combinations defined by Cypress. When any of these VID/PID is used in the firmware, the CYUSB3 driver gets automatically loaded. When a VID/PID other than the ones in the CYUSB3.INF file is used, the system does not find a suitable driver and hence displays the device under 'Unknown Devices' section in the device manager. The device then needs to be manually bound to the corresponding driver.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Thank you. the question is perfectly answered.

0 Likes