The cyAPI.lib file in FX2LP and FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaXi_1246331
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Previously I have developed the windows application. It import cyAPI.lib file when linking. Now I developed the FX3 windows application, can I use cyAPI.lib for FX2LP. I compare the cyAPI.lib for FX2LP and FX3 byte by byte, I find differences. Does cyAPI.lib contains implementation or it links to other file in running phase?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The CyAPI.LIB is common for FX2LP and FX3. The CY3684 DVK is not being updated to the latest versions of the CyAPI.LIB. The FX3 SDK has the latest versions of the library files. Please use the CyAPI.LIB from the FX3 SDK page.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The CyAPI.LIB is common for FX2LP and FX3. The CY3684 DVK is not being updated to the latest versions of the CyAPI.LIB. The FX3 SDK has the latest versions of the library files. Please use the CyAPI.LIB from the FX3 SDK page.

Best regards,

Srinath S

Thank you. I have further question. Does cyAPI.lib contains implementation or it links to other file containing implementation in running phase? Does the driver mean the inf file? I guess the driver contains implementation.

0 Likes

Hello,

The CyAPI.LIB interacts with the CYUSB3.SYS driver to perform data transfers with the device. The CYUSB3.SYS is the driver file that contains the implementation.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Thank you the question is solved.

0 Likes