We have a issue that can not detect the PSoC 4 BLE implemented device again after disconnecting the BLE connection by a smart phone application. We confimed the PSoC 4 BLE implemented device'status was "Connect" but a smart phone's status was "Disconnect"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a issue that can not detect the PSoC 4 BLE implemented device again after disconnecting the BLE connection by a smart phone application.

We confimed the PSoC 4 BLE implemented device'status was "Connect" but a smart phone's status was "Disconnect" when a such issune occurs.

Please give me advice.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Please check with different smart phones because there will be an issue with some phones. Can you please let us know the smart phone details which you are using.

Can you please check with CySmart BLE USB Dongle with CySmart Windows PC tool.

Are you using any low power modes in the code to put the device in Deepsleep/Sleep? Please make sure that you have kept Bless interrupt to highest priority i.e., the priority should be 0. We have to process the events continuously using CyBle_ProcessEvents() please make sure.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Psyu,

Thank you for pointing this out. Let me reply inline below

1. Can you please let us know the smart phone details which you are using.
--->Sony, SO-01H(Xperia Z5), Android 7.0, Bluetooth 4.2

2. Can you please check with CySmart BLE USB Dongle with CySmart Windows PC tool.
--->Unfortunately, I have not CySmart BLE USB Dongle now.

3. Are you using any low power modes in the code to put the device in Deepsleep/Sleep?
--->In the standby mode or during measurement (when the BLE setting is always off, energy saving), DeepSleep is implemented.

4. Please make sure that you have kept Bless interrupt to highest priority i.e.,
   the priority should be 0. We have to process the events continuously using CyBle_ProcessEvents()please make sure.
--->Currently, "BLE_bress_isr" (breath interrupt) has priority 0.

Best Regrds,

Yukio

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello,

Please let me know if you are replicating the issue with different mobiles. Are you using any interrupts other than BLESS.

Please follow the guidelines while implementing low power modes as mentioned in attached datasheet.

Can you please let us know the disconnection error which you are getting in the mobile.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Yugandhar

I verified with three models those were all Sony Xperia Z5,

but OS versin, BLE version were slightly different.

ie Android 7.0, Android 7.1.1 and Bluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth 4.1.

We are using acceleration sensor interrupt,low voltage detection interrupt

and WDT interrupt other than BLESS.

I think we were following the guidelines.

I will try to check, but I think that there are no errors remaining on the smartphone.

Because this phenomenon arises as next process, at 1st connect from smartphone

"valid connection between smartphone and device",  2nd disconnect from smartphone,

then 3rd re-connect from smartphone "invalid connection, smartphone's status remains

in disconnect, but device's satus is connect, so we can not connect between smartphone

and device".

Thanks,

Yukio

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello,

Please attach your project so that we can reproduce the issue and find out the root cause. ( If not complete project please share a simplified project).

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the recommendations.

But,I will consider whether I can disclose our project because our project is being developed by several companies.

Thanks,

Yukio

0 Likes