How can I make a programmable latch 16/8 bits? Is there an example that gives me a headstart?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to make a comparator 16 bits wide,  i want to be able to store the value to compare to from the software.

When the 16 value on 16 inputs equals the stored value, a latch signal should be sent to a 8 bit wide latch that latches 8 inputs to a read-buffer.

The latch signal should also be readable by software to indicate a new 8 bit value is present.

Another option would be to have 16 inputs and 8 inputs latched on an external signal, so that they can be read by the software.

The intended usage would be investigating an 8 bit CPU, preferable in-circuit by probing the address and databus.

Would be nice if the latches could be read by means of interrupt which fills a buffer, in a sort of DMA way.

Is that possible with a PSoC5LP?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

This may not be the most elegant implementation,

but my trial seems to be doing what was asking for ...

teraterm_log.JPG

The schematic

schematic.JPG

moto

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

PSoC5 has digital comparator and status register components from which you can easily build the required latches you want.

Bob

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

This may not be the most elegant implementation,

but my trial seems to be doing what was asking for ...

teraterm_log.JPG

The schematic

schematic.JPG

moto

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Motoo Tanaka, great thanks, that is exactly what I was looking, great starting point!

0 Likes