CYW943907AEVAL1F ethernet can not work!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The basic problem of the CYW943907AEVAL1F development board! The Ethernet port does not work.

Whether using the ping_ethernet demo program or the ping program, it does not work in Ethernet port mode and does not receive any data!

The same code works in WIFI!

I don't know if the development board has a hardware failure. Can anyone tell me how to solve it? I am using it for the first time.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I am checking with the latest WS 6.2.1 where I have not faced any issue. I can see the orange LED blinking when I am testing ping_ethernet in CYW943907AEVAL1F platform. Ideally, you should also see the same when you receive the debug print Ethernet link UP! message. Could you check with the latest WS and check whether the other side of the connection has some local fault or not?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

WICED Studio version is 5.2.1

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

When you are checking ping_ethernet or platform_ethernet_init what is the status of the ethernet LEDs?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

LED status is not flashing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened the debug

GLOBAL_DEFINES   += WPRINT_ENABLE_NETWORK_DEBUG

GLOBAL_DEFINES   += WPRINT_ENABLE_PLATFORM_DEBUG

GLOBAL_DEFINES   += BCMDBG

The console reports the following log:

ethernet: link up

Ethernet link UP!

et0: jabber

Ping about to be sent

ethernet: link down

Ethernet link DOWN!

et0: remote fault

Ping timeout

Ping about to be sent

What is the problem?

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

I am checking with the latest WS 6.2.1 where I have not faced any issue. I can see the orange LED blinking when I am testing ping_ethernet in CYW943907AEVAL1F platform. Ideally, you should also see the same when you receive the debug print Ethernet link UP! message. Could you check with the latest WS and check whether the other side of the connection has some local fault or not?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried with WS6.2.1, still not.

With the capture tool, you can see the arp broadcast sent by the development board, but it seems that there is no response to the reply arp report.

zb.jpg

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

This seems to be a HW specific issue as internally communicated by the customer, not a WICED/ethernet issue.