bcm20736s and antenna problems.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As far as I know BCM 20736sdoes not have external antenna.

In Page 21 of technical manual, there are PCB design recommendations to increase efficiency of the internal antenna.

However, I'm having trouble to understand these recommendations.

1. It says to connect L-Shape Ground plane to side D.  should I connect this start point of L-shape GND plane to the middle of side D?

2. What is the length of this L-shape grould plane? (it doesn't provide the proper length of this L-shape plane)

3. It says that ' if the L-Shape GND plane is located on the top layer of the PCB, do not place components on the ground plane'.

Does it mean that I shouldn't place any components on the ground plane? or just the keep-out area on the ground plane?

I placed this chip on PCB without reading this page and am in trouble to using Bluetooth communication (it is connected and disconnected frequenctly). I'm gonna make new PCB design for this. Please helps me out. T_T

Thanks,

bcm20736s.jpg

Min Lee

0 Likes
1 Solution
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Intermittent unintended Connection/Disconnection issues could be a result of software rather than hardware.  I've had considerable success at reducing disconnects by careful management of sleep mode and connection parameters.  It would be useful to turn on traces and look for the reason code in the connDown callbacks.  Reason code 8 is a timeout error.  I've seen 13 also... the reason codes are listed somewhere, either in the SDK or in the BLE literature.. can't remember now where I found them.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes