CYPD3171 Power Bank

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
oralc_3312356
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello There

I have designed my own 65W PD power bank and have used your 45W power bank reference design  with CCG3PA a while back. Now i have my parts and programmer but cant seem to access to those ref design pages for schematics and software. I would like to know why those pages are disabled . Can you please send me schematic and software for said reference design so that i modify and use it for my own design? Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi All,

The latest hardware and firmware is updated on websites.

http://www.cypress.com/ccg3pa-45w-power-bank-reference-design-using-southchip

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

13 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

You are correct that the page is removed. We are adding additional features and testing with latest USB-IF compliance tests. It will update on the page after the reference design is ready.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hello.

Thank you for your reply. But its not a good news for me as im on a tight schedule. Could you please send me the old version so that i could proceed with my design ?

0 Likes
oralc_3312356
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

hello hello again. Any news on the matter?

0 Likes

Hello,

I have to re-direct you to CY4532 to begin to design power bank.

If you are very urgent, please kindly contact local Cypress FAE with your requirements, Cypress will supply reference design based on your requirements.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
chch_3621411
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

hello i have the old file i downloaded do are you still looking for it ??
by the way i have one question for the mosfet used on the VBUS the says it VS3407 i coudn't find it's datasheet anywhere on internet and also could you sugest best alternative to GL883A-110 used for the USB-A ?

what programmer do you use ?

0 Likes

Hello there.

Thank you for your response. Yes i still need both schematics and firmware for the current/ old design. Ill be very thankfull if you could share it with me.

As for mosfets i used SIS415DNT-T1-GE3

And for GL i used CHY100D-TL which only supports up to Q.C. 2.0 but it works good enough for us.

Thank you and waiting for your reply. 

0 Likes

here is the link by the way i couldn't find the firmware i have only the firmware for 45W version it's a different setup you still can find it on cypress website

PB-811-LowCost PowerBank.zip - Google Drive

0 Likes

Hi there.

Can you send me the 45W firmware you have please ? Its exactly what i need not the 18W option. And schematics for 45W as well.

Thank you in advance

0 Likes

here is the firmaware i have to aware you that this design reference didn't work for me and fews peoples.

MCU - Google Drive

here is the schematic
PB-812(CCG3PA+MCU+SC8915+SC8902A)_Sch V1.2 20170919.pdf - Google Drive

0 Likes

Thank you very much ! Can you specify what was the problem? Which part didnt work ?

0 Likes

Oh i see why it did not work. Firmware you sent me is for Holtek MCU which is used in that reference design. What you and me need is firmware for CYPD3171 PSOC. Naturally if you tried the firmware you sent me to PSOC, it wont work. Do you have any other files , folders for this matter? maybe we can find much needed PSOC project between them ?

0 Likes

i searched but i couldn't find i will get back on firmware next week, if i find solution i will let you know right i'm working on schematic trying to replace GLA833Z WITH NCP4371 i'm not good at it!

0 Likes

Hi All,

The latest hardware and firmware is updated on websites.

http://www.cypress.com/ccg3pa-45w-power-bank-reference-design-using-southchip

Best Regards,

Lisa