Finding a microcontroller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm a college student studying computer engineering, trying to make a small weather station device, and is completely new to the PSoC series. I'm looking for a microcontroller that can supply 3.3V to a couple of sensors (such as DHT22, 1384 adafruit, BMP280) and can transfer data via on board bluetooth module to an phone app. After looking around I'm leaning towards the PSoC 4000S or 4100S plus because they have a EZ-BLE module but can't tell what version of bluetooth it uses. I also found the CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A Pioneer kit, but it seems a bit too much for me. I'm not sure which too choose, should it stick with the 4000 series, go with the pioneer kit, or is there another device that I can use in another PSoC family?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would advise you to use the pioneer kit. If you are new to psoc or any other microcontroller, you really don't want to start by designing your own board. it is better use a board that has already been tested and develop your firmware on it. once you are done you can design your own PCB

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would advise you to use the pioneer kit. If you are new to psoc or any other microcontroller, you really don't want to start by designing your own board. it is better use a board that has already been tested and develop your firmware on it. once you are done you can design your own PCB

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Here is a program that should show you how to use the Pioneer kit to read a DS18B20 Thermometer chip from Dallas Semi. There is a diagram in the program for how to wire the device to the Pioneer kit.  You can then add the other devices to you Pioneer kit like the humidity ECT. This program is for the Psoc Creator   4.2 (4.2.0.641)

0 Likes