PSoC6 debug stopped work after trying secure_image example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm working with PSoC6 BLE Pioneer Kit.

I've developed an application for PSoC6 and it worked fine. Then I tried to include it as a secure project.

First of all, I wanted to know how PSoC6 security mechanisms worked, I've read the AN221111 Application Note and I've tried first with your demo application which only blinks the LED. Then I compiled first the secure image, then the user_app0 project, and I've downloaded it to the board.

LED didn't blink, so I tried to put the project in debug mode, but debugger doesn't work anymore, which is strange, since I've not burned the eFuses.

I've tried to download my original project, without any secure image, and it seems that programming works, but then none the program doesn't run as expected (it doesn't send anything on the serial interface) and the debug doesn't work anymore.

Have I broken my board? If so, how is it possible if I've not burn the eFuses?

Also when compiling again secure_image, I noticed this error:

.\CortexM0p\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\secure_image.elf.tmp: openssl error:

Can anyone help me? I don't have any idea of what is happening.

Best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Do you have openSSL installed on your system? If not please download it from here (link: OpenSSL for Windows ) and then provide the path to it in the environment variable.

Then check if it works. Let me know your observations!

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Do you have openSSL installed on your system? If not please download it from here (link: OpenSSL for Windows ) and then provide the path to it in the environment variable.

Then check if it works. Let me know your observations!

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've finally been able to recover the debugger, I didn't know there is an option on PSoC Programmer to explicitly erase SFlash.

So I agree, I think that openssl is not well installed or path is not right, so I donwloaded a secure image with wrong signature. That is may be the hardest way to verify that device will never work if the secure image signature doesn't match.

I'll let you know when it works.

Best regards

0 Likes