setup and hold time for fx2lp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

can i modify setup and hold time of fx2lp when its in slavefifo configuration?

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Geetha,

Please explain what you mean by modify? The setup and hold time depends on when SLWR, FIFOADR are asserted and data is driven on the bus with respect to IFCLK (for write operation) which is controlled by the external master. Please refer to Section 9.2.7 in the TRM for the detailed steps to implement synchronous FIFO write to ensure that there are no violations..

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Geetha,

Please explain what you mean by modify? The setup and hold time depends on when SLWR, FIFOADR are asserted and data is driven on the bus with respect to IFCLK (for write operation) which is controlled by the external master. Please refer to Section 9.2.7 in the TRM for the detailed steps to implement synchronous FIFO write to ensure that there are no violations..

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hello,

SETUP time is 5.69ns and HOLD time is 8.005ns (ifclk wrt data lines),

can i increase or decrease these times?

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes

Hello Geetha,

Yes the timings can be changed based on when the data is driven by the external master with respect to IFCLK which can be either internal or externally derived from the master itself. Please check if the timings for SLWR are satisfied as well.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hello ,

can i change the timings in fx2lp ?

not from external master.

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes

Hello Geetha,

The timing mentioned for FX2LP in the datasheet are as per the design specification and cannot be changed.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes