FM4-176L-S6E2DH writing on hyperflash to change an image at runtime

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GiTr_282596
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

a customer is asking me to freely change an image Logo through a USB Mass Storage.

I wrote the code to read from the USB Mass Storage, and it works fine.

My problem is to change the Logo image.

Consider that this logo always resides in the very begininng of the HyperFlash (that should be at address 0xC0000000) and that it is a 480x272 pixel 24bpp BMP, so the whole size, including the header, is 391700 bytes (20 bytes for the header and 391680 bytes for the bitmap data).

I tried many examples without success, both from sample codes and from datasheets (for example AN218684).

My hardware and software configuaration is exactly the same as per the FM4-176L-S6E2DH eval board).

Can you suggest me a solution?

Thank you very much in advance

Regards

GianLuca

0 Likes
5 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello GianLuca,

I need some clarification about this issue. Are you facing issues with programming and reading data from HyperFlash? Please explain the steps that you followed to observe this issue in detail.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hello Sudheesh,

I have this application (a coffee machine interface with a display and a touch screen, to send data to a control unit to produce coffee) that has a screenshot (480x272pixel 24bpp) to show when the machine goes in stand-by mode.

The screenshot is an image that resides in the hyperflash (starting at 0xC0000000). It is the very first image in the hyperflash.

The customer is asking me the possibility to change the stand-by screenshot loading a new one through a USB Mass Storage device. The new one will have the same size of the original one.

I can read an image data from the USB so this is not an issue.

My problem is to substitute the original image in the Hyperflash with the new one. I don’t know how to do it.

Consider also:

• During the upload of the image the application is running (so the GDC is running)
  • At the end of the upload of the new image the whole system will automatically restart through a SoftwareReset.

Is this enough? Feel free to ask if you need more info

Meanwhile thank you very much

Best regards

GianLuca

0 Likes

Any idea? 🙂

0 Likes

Hello Sudheesh,

is everything clear?

Can you help on this case?

Thank you very much

GianLuca

0 Likes

Hello,

I solved.

I just would like to advice that I found several errors in the PDL 2.1.0 hyperflash files (s26kl512s.c) on the folder PDL\2.1.0\utilities\hyper_flash.

Anyway I posted this case 10 days ago. No useful replies... No problem on sharing knowledge but I miss the old "My Cases" for technical issues...

Best regards

GianLuca

0 Likes