Cannot read chip using psoc miniprog3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Expert,

I am Hafiz. I'm new in this PSOC3 tools.

I have an issue when I want to program my cypress chip using PSoC Programmer.

| FAILED! PSoC device is not acquired! Check connection of the chip to the programmer

| Please, check the following items:

|  - the connection between the programmer and the PSoC;

|  - the correct programming protocol is selected;

|  - the correct connector option is selected.

Here is my programmer setting.

psoc setting.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Hafiz,

Welcome to the community first of all.

From the figure you attached, you are using power cycle mode for programming. Make sure you have clicked on Toggle Power button as shown below:

sample2.PNG

Then provide the path to the hex file and then hit program. Let me know your observations.

You can find more information here: Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for ur advice.

Toggle Power Button has been clicked and when I try read checksum it's came out with the error I attach before.

Do you have any idea what happen ?

And one more thing, how I can copy/saving the hex file from the chip and save it to my PC? I need to re-program back my bad cypress chip using the same program hex file from the good cypress chip.

Hope you can guide me. Thanks.

Regards,

Hafiz

0 Likes

Hello Hafiz,

How are you powering your board? Make sure you are powering it externally for power cycle mode of programming.

Use File > Read to Hex option to read the hex from a device and save it to some location. You can load this hex again by providing the path to it to program your other device.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes