PSOC 6 101 with CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

i wanted to start with the PSoC 6 101 Tutorial  and wonder which Pioneer kit to buy. The first video says to use the CY8CKIT-062-BLE, but i was wondering if i can use the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT as well. The video mentions that later in the tutorial Wifi will be implemented as well and additional hardware will be needed for that. Can i do the whole  PSOC 6 101 with the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT kit or does the BLE kit offer other different functionality that is required for some steps in the tutorial.

Thank you very much

Jérôme

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

​Hi Jerome,

Good to see you get started with PSoC 6.

As for the differences between the two kits you listed, CY8CKIT-062-BLE covers the BLE functionality inside CY8C6347BZI-BLD53, while CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT is mounted with WIFI-BT module outside CY8C6247BZI-D54. PSoC 62 device does not cover BLE functionality.

Therefore, if you plan to follow the tutorial covering both BLE and WIFI, you need to get both kits on hand. I believe the most(or all) of PSoC 6 101 Tutorials are based on CY8CKIT-062-BLE.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

​Hi Jerome,

Good to see you get started with PSoC 6.

As for the differences between the two kits you listed, CY8CKIT-062-BLE covers the BLE functionality inside CY8C6347BZI-BLD53, while CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT is mounted with WIFI-BT module outside CY8C6247BZI-D54. PSoC 62 device does not cover BLE functionality.

Therefore, if you plan to follow the tutorial covering both BLE and WIFI, you need to get both kits on hand. I believe the most(or all) of PSoC 6 101 Tutorials are based on CY8CKIT-062-BLE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!

0 Likes