fx3 segger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

can i use segger j link debugger to program the fx3?

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Geetha,

I don't know the reason why you want to download firmware into RAM through segger. It is feasible when you debug your firmware with segger becasue it will download firmware into RAM.

However, I presume that it doesn't make sense since an USB device could only work when it is connected to an USB host. The firmware will not run if FX3 is not connected to an USB host. Once you connect FX3 to host, programming from USB port is an easy and fast way when compared to segger Jtag.

As for the SPI flash, you could download firmware into it using control center in development step. The third-party programmer could be used when mass manufacture.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Please clarify the meaning of '"program". Do you want to debug your firmware or download the firmware? I am not sure about your requirment.

0 Likes

Hi,

i wanted to laod .elf/.img file to fx3 ram/spi flash without using USB connector.

what we are doing fx3 program using USB cable and control center.instead of using this USB,is it possible to use segger to load the program into fx3 RAM?

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes

Hi Geetha,

No. You need the control center to program FX3.

0 Likes

Hello,

segger can load .elf file into fx3 RAM.

I am able to blink gpio togglig program comes with fx3 dvk example using segger (without using USB ).

I have followed same procedure as given in ezusbsuite_ug_0 guide.

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes

Hi Geetha,

I don't know the reason why you want to download firmware into RAM through segger. It is feasible when you debug your firmware with segger becasue it will download firmware into RAM.

However, I presume that it doesn't make sense since an USB device could only work when it is connected to an USB host. The firmware will not run if FX3 is not connected to an USB host. Once you connect FX3 to host, programming from USB port is an easy and fast way when compared to segger Jtag.

As for the SPI flash, you could download firmware into it using control center in development step. The third-party programmer could be used when mass manufacture.

0 Likes