Problem in WICED with ST7735 display

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am interfacing a small screen, ST7735, with WICED and am finding some difficulty with that. I have written all the data structures for filling the up the display RAM to display characters and also the spiffy Tx and Rx functions to write in the display RAM. I have written fill screen and display character functions but it gets stuck in part of a 'for' loop in the structure. (The example code I am working off for the display, for a TI microcontroller, uses a command list style structure for display commands and a for loop to execute it)

Is there any way I can see the advanced runtime debug and values of the SPI data registers?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
7 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

You may refer to the QSG202.pdf under the "Doc" directory within the SDK for information relating to viewing traces from the tag3 (I'm assuming you are using this.)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi boont,

I am able to view debug traces just fine. I am trying to use the WICED Smart debugger in order to create and use breakpoints in the code so I can debug a crash I'm having with my SPI display init & fill code. Is this possible over the microUSB interface provided?

0 Likes

Unfortunately, there are NO hardware Breakpoints in the chip, so you cannot single step in hardware (i.e. through the registers) on our Jlink implementation. You should be able to single step through your own code.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am doing the BLE trace and can see how the program is running and going through the functions. But the controller is stopping at a particular line in the code which is inside a for loop. The for loop is supposed to run from a variable value 128 to 0, but it is stopping at value 109. So can you suggest me any possible reasons by which the controller is stopping.

Thanks for your help,

Rohit

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried disabling WDT during the for loop?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying about that dmiya, I am new for the Wiced tool, can you tell me from where can I disable the WDT.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes