CYBT 343026 access to voice data in app

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiPa_3775556
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi

I'm using the CYBT 343026 eval (CYW20706 SoC) to understand the capabilities of the module. We are interested in getting access to the PCM samples within the App on the module. I've seen some discussions on the forum about this, for example sending speech audio data via HFP but the option to route the SCO voice path to the App does not seem to be available for this module. Looking at WICED Bluetooth Software Features (CYW20706A2/CYW20719B1) it indicates that it should be possible:

'Version 1.6. SCO data route can be configured to be routed over PCM or to App via a callback.'

Is this an omission in the definition of the wiced_bt_sco_route_path_t enumeration in 20706-A2_Bluetooth/include/wiced_bt_sco.h or is it really not possible?

Thanks

Nigel

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Nigel,

Q) Voice data in app

A)Audio route over app is removed. Currently, the only option is to route SCO over I2S/PCM interface.

Q) is there any way to get the voice audio (handsfree and audio gateway profiles) sent over the HCI port.

A) Please refer watch demo example in WICED studio. (refer av_app_init  in file hci_control_audio.c in the project) . Please check if its helpful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Nigel,

Yes, its removed from the enum, seems like its not possible to access the voice data in application.

We have forwarded the request to Firmware team to cross check.

Regards,
Anjana

Hi anpm

Thanks for the answer.

As a follow-up question is there any way to get the voice audio (handsfree and audio gateway profiles) sent over the HCI port. We only need to handle 8/16kHz voice audio and we are trying to minimise the connections between the module and the controlling MCU.

I see the bluetooth spec has an 'HCI Synchronous Data Packet' definition in volume 2, part E, section 5.4.3. Is that supported or is there a WICED equivalent?

Regards

Nigel

0 Likes

Hi Nigel,

Q) Voice data in app

A)Audio route over app is removed. Currently, the only option is to route SCO over I2S/PCM interface.

Q) is there any way to get the voice audio (handsfree and audio gateway profiles) sent over the HCI port.

A) Please refer watch demo example in WICED studio. (refer av_app_init  in file hci_control_audio.c in the project) . Please check if its helpful.

Hi Anjana,

Thanks again.

I've looked at the watch example and it looks like the audio routing is to do with the A2DP profile rather than voice audio in handsfree connections. Do you think using wiced_audio_start with a route set to UART will re-route voice audio out the HCI UART port?

Regards

Nigel

0 Likes