PSOC Designer 5.4 error message

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DoLo_351801
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Starting MAKE...

creating project.mk

make: *** No rule to make target `C:\Users\Doug\DOCUME~1\cypress\cy8c20247s', needed by `lib/obj/buzzer.o'.  Stop.

Proximity_with_CY8C20xx7v4_smartsense_HW_TEST - 1 error(s) 0 warning(s) 08:53:03

What this is supposed to tell me?

I am using PSOC designer 5.4 SP1

and cy8c20247s

I have attached an archive of the project.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DoLo_351801
Level 3
Level 3

Problem solved. The error messages I got were because the linker could not find the object files.

make: *** No rule to make target `C:\Users\Doug\DOCUME~1\cypress\cy8c20247s', needed by `lib/obj/buzzer.o

I added a path to the lib in the build settings and this problem went away and I found a whole new set of problems arose.

I don't know why but the archive contained all of the correct libs. I just used the archive that I made (see above)  to create a new workspace and all the issues went away.

Thanks for looking at this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

idata dump at output/Proximity_with_CY8C20xx7v4_smartsense_HW_TEST.idata

ROM 42% full. 6820 out of 16384 bytes used (does not include absolute areas).

RAM 9% full. 148 bytes used (does not include stack usage).

Built with ICCM8C STD V7.05.00

Proximity_with_CY8C20xx7v4_smartsense_HW_TEST - 0 error(s) 0 warning(s) 08:00:40

Your project pass building on my laptop with no error. So how to reproduce your issue?

I reinstalled psoc designer, I have tried it on 2 computers windows 10. I

stripped out most of the code. Removed the offending module and the next

module is in error. What am I doing wrong.

0 Likes

Thanks for trying my project. I don't know why but all the libraries were available in that archive but not in my workspace. I unarchived it and everything is good.

Thanks for the help

0 Likes
DoLo_351801
Level 3
Level 3

Problem solved. The error messages I got were because the linker could not find the object files.

make: *** No rule to make target `C:\Users\Doug\DOCUME~1\cypress\cy8c20247s', needed by `lib/obj/buzzer.o

I added a path to the lib in the build settings and this problem went away and I found a whole new set of problems arose.

I don't know why but the archive contained all of the correct libs. I just used the archive that I made (see above)  to create a new workspace and all the issues went away.

Thanks for looking at this.