Confuse with WICED Platform

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_3775416
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm new to WICED and I have installed 6.2.1 so I believe update to the new Version won't help this. I tried to do the WICED tutorial with blinking LED with the board BCM943907AEVAL1F-2. However when I use the platform with the same name with the board I use, the code can't compile. However when I use platform for the board CYW943907AEVAL1F, the code can compile without issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

BCM943907AEVAL1F-2 is deprecated and is not supported in WICED Studio anymore. The platform was revised to CYW943907AEVAL1F along with some minor HW changes and the platform folder was removed from the recent releases of WS. I am attaching the platform files for this old platform which you can add to the 43xxx_Wi-Fi/platforms directory and it should not throw any compile error.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

BCM943907AEVAL1F-2 is deprecated and is not supported in WICED Studio anymore. The platform was revised to CYW943907AEVAL1F along with some minor HW changes and the platform folder was removed from the recent releases of WS. I am attaching the platform files for this old platform which you can add to the 43xxx_Wi-Fi/platforms directory and it should not throw any compile error.

Hi rroy,

thanks for the file. I'm just wondering if is it possible to configurate the BCM943907AEVAL1F-2 with PSoC AFE Shield to become an WiFi Access point with Internet Connection?

0 Likes

Yes you can add PSoC AFE shield with BCM943907AEVAL1F-2 which means you are adding WiFi connectivity to the sensors present in AFE shield.